Prayer request ...

darndest

Prayer request ...

Post by darndest » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:21 am

As the Christmas (there, I said it!) season is upon us, please pray for all of those who are struggling to get by in life. Many are depressed, sick, jobless, can't afford to celebrate Christmas, have lost loved ones, and the list goes on. Slow down, be kind, smile, and reflect on your blessings. Share what you can afford even if it is just your time. Visit a nursing home as many there never ever get visitors (I know because I used to volunteer in Wylie), donate to a food bank, pick up the phone and call an old friend or a long distance relative as I'm sure you will brighten up their day. Pray for all of those traveling for a safe journey, those who are in hospitals, those who need a lift in life. We have to take better care of each other! I believe in prayer and I believe in miracles and I believe in YOU.
God Bless
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

darndest

Re: Prayer request ...

Post by darndest » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:26 am

Shame on me ... pray for our soldiers who are away from friends/family, Blue Star and Gold Star families, first responders, hospital staff, and those who will be working during Christmas.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Earl Newsom

Re: Prayer request ...

Post by Earl Newsom » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:22 am

Amen!