Out of Food - wylie food center

Need help? Want to volunteer? Look here!
darndest

Post by darndest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:31 am

Earl Newsom wrote:The report is that the shelves aren't empty anymore thanks to some generous donors and the school food drive.

This is true. I talked to a lady there that said they have quite a bit now due to all of the recent attention.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

mrshobbylobby

Post by mrshobbylobby » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:41 am

Please remember they always need baby items.Foods,formulas,lotions,shampoos ,and diapers.
Love many,trust few,hurt nobody

JBird

Post by JBird » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:11 am

Karate for Kids has been collecting food for the last month and will be making a delivery this week. They will continue collecting through the Christmas season.
1st Degree Black Belt

Wife to ATA Texas State Champ in Forms and Sparring Men's Color Belt 30-39 2009!!!

Proud mom of two First Degree Black Belts!!! One who is ranked in Top Ten in World for Forms and Sparring!!!!

buzzardswife

Post by buzzardswife » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:18 pm

The center was in front of Krogers' last Sat., and was accepting food donations
    Good Morning America, I Love You
      I Love Sprinkles' Cupcakes, Dallas,Tx

Earl Newsom

Post by Earl Newsom » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:34 pm

Also remember that they can always use hygiene items such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, deodorant, feminine hygiene items, etc.

marknjul

Post by marknjul » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:34 pm

was there yesterday and there were numberous people dropping off donations. They had lots of stuff! yah! (don't let that stop you from dropping off more!)

Ocean

Post by Ocean » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:38 am

marknjul wrote:was there yesterday and there were numberous people dropping off donations. They had lots of stuff! yah! (don't let that stop you from dropping off more!)

Hope they are open today, headed back to drop off some more clothes. :)
    I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, and can be out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

mommieof3

Post by mommieof3 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:37 pm

Does anyone know if they need blankets? My Mother in Love just moved in and brought a bunch of old quilts. Most are in really good shape and can keep someone warm. I will wash them first but didn't know if CCC takes this kind of donation.

queen

Post by queen » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:22 am

I was up there sorting after the schools had their food drives. The shelves are stocked to the max and many, many boxes waiting to be sorted. It will go quickly so keep collecting but some of the things they really need are things to put together food baskets for Christmas such as: Sweet Potatoes, Canned Pumpkin, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce, and you might check to see if they have freezer space for Turkeys.

They also needed hygeine products like Earl said. There was very little soap, toothpaste, shampoo and lotion. Paper products are also good - toilet paper and paper towels.

They had a lot of clothes and one of the biggest problems they have is lack of space. They are currently working on expanding the center but it is crowded.

I did not see alot of blankets or towels so I would think that would be something they could really use since it is about to be cold.

Whatever you take will be most appreciated.
    I'm the Queen because my pantyhose say so........

queen

Post by queen » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:43 am

If anyone is wanting to make a donation to Christian Care - I have been told that they need Jelly or Jams. Other items that could be useful are: oatmeal, canned meat, powdered milk, baby food, peanut butter, soap, shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrushes.

What they don't need right now is green beans.
    I'm the Queen because my pantyhose say so........

Wylie Native

Re: Out of Food - wylie food center

Post by Wylie Native » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:05 am

What happen to the scouts that were suppose to be coming door to door last weekend or the weekend before and collecting canned goods? I did not recieve any visitors, and was just wondering if they had done it or not.

bodance

Post by bodance » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:23 am

Wylie Native wrote:What happen to the scouts that were suppose to be coming door to door last weekend or the weekend before and collecting canned goods? I did not recieve any visitors, and was just wondering if they had done it or not.

Check the date on the posts, the last one was Dec. 5th. The scouts food drive went VERY WELL but you can ALWAYS take food to the Christian Care Center.

Earl Newsom

Post by Earl Newsom » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:42 am

Wylie Native wrote:What happen to the scouts that were suppose to be coming door to door last weekend or the weekend before and collecting canned goods? I did not recieve any visitors, and was just wondering if they had done it or not.

They dropped off plastic bags sometime last week and on Saturday they picked up the filled bags. At least in my neighborhood. :)

mrshobbylobby

Post by mrshobbylobby » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:17 am

Mine were picked up,but could probably come up with a few more bags.I can deliver them to the CCC since it is close to my home.If we would all just pick up a few extra things at the grocery store when we go,we could restock their shelves in no time at all.Please remember our community has so many people without jobs right now and that the CCC depends on all of us to support them in their efforts to help those in need.
    Love many,trust few,hurt nobody

NTX

Post by NTX » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:31 pm

amen to that, mrshl
    Well, here we go. Again.